House of Nathan?
Zechariah 12:10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced;
and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over
Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.
11 In that day there will be great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning of Hadadrimmon
in the plain of Megiddo.
12 The land will mourn, every family by itself; the family of the house of David by itself
and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself and their wives
by themselves; 13 the family of the house of Levi by itself and their wives by themselves;
the family of the Shimeites by itself and their wives by themselves;
1) end time prophecy about Israel, note parallels to Ezekiel 35-40. In Zech. we get more
info about how God will pour out his Spirit on His Chosen People Israel...
2) "they will look on Me whom they have pierced...as one mourns for an only son...
3) Hadadrimmon was a town in the valley of Megiddo (same as Armageddon). The last of the
godly kings of Israel and Judah, King Josiah, was slain by the Egyptian army at
Megiddo (II Chronicles 35:20-25)
4) v12 - house of David... house of Nathan? INTERESTING... who is Nathan?
2 Samuel 5:14; 1 Chronicles 3:5 ; 1 Chronicles 14:4
1 Chronicles 3:5 5 These were born to him in Jerusalem:
Shimea, Shobab, Nathan and Solomon, four, by Bath-shua the daughter of Ammiel;
Luke 3:31-32 - Mary's lineage...
(Joseph's lineage in Matthew 1 was through Solomon, but because Jeconiah burned up the scroll of the prophet
God said that none of his descendants would sit on the throne...)
Verse 12 of Zechariah 12 makes this bit of information about the right of Jesus to rule Israel
and to be the savior of the world is fascinating... think about it... where does Nathan,
the son of David show up but in three places...
1) discussion of the sons of David in Jerusalem,
2) the prophecy in Zechariah and
3) the lineage of Mary - the mother of Jesus and the only biological connection of the God-Man Jesus Christ.
Nathan was the younger brother of Solomon.
The purpose of this site is to provide detailed, accurate information from the Living Word of God.
The focus is on the Bible, in context, carefully analyzed using only the Bible. The laws of language are used
to interpret what is written. The basic analysis tools are used to determine the writer's intent.
WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY and HOW are questions that will be asked and attempt to be answered.